Diagnosis and coordination of care for spine conditions can be challenging for patients and their primary care providers. At Melbourne Regional Medical Center, we streamline this process,with the most state-of the-art, robotic-assisted, minimally invasive spine care surgery, including the first-in-the region Medtronic Mazor X™ Robotic Guidance Platform for Spine Surgery and the Medtronic O-arm™ Surgical Imaging System, to reduce radiation exposure and time in surgery for patients.
Minimally-invasive procedures with their smaller incisions can pose a challenge to surgeons due to the limited view of the patient’s anatomy. The Mazor X™ Robotic Guidance Platform helps to overcome this challenge with a 3D comprehensive surgical plan and analytics that gives the surgeon comprehensive information and visualization before the surgery starts. Consequently, the Platform supports surgeons’ commitment to operate with precision.
Minimally-invasive surgery has been a major focus in recent years, often providing the most advanced technologies along with high quality care for patients.
Melbourne Regional Medical Center has established its reputation as a leader in spine surgery with its advanced technologies and excellence in patient care. The Mazor X™ Robotic Guidance Platform helps us to continue our leadership in spine surgery excellence.
Our Spine Coordinator works with providers and patients to coordinate treatment from referral through recovery. From the first visit, we collaborate with each patient to decide on the best treatment option. Often, this is not surgery. See below for examples of the range of treatments available.
Patient Educational Videos
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion
- Cervical Disc Arthroplasty
- Chronic Narcotic Use
- General Risk Factors of Spine Surgery
- General Risk Factors of Surgery
- Injection Treatments
- Lumbar Disc Replacement
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Lumbar Microdiscectomy
- OLIF Oblique Lateral Interbody Fusion
- Posterior Lumbar Fusion
- What Causes My Low Back Pain?
- What Causes My Neck Pain?
- What Is TLIF?
- What Is An O Arm?
- What Is Causing My Leg Pain?
- What Is Causing The Pain In My Arm?
- What Is Robotic Surgery?
- Why Choose Melbourne Regional
- Back and Neck Pain
- Arthritis of the Spine
- Failed Back Syndrome
- Nerve Entrapment
- Nerve Injury
- Vertebral Compression Fracture
- Disc Herniation
- Fractured Spine
- Spinal Tumors
- Spinal Stenosis
- Cervical and Lumbar Disc Injuries
- Functional Capacity Evaluation
- Physical Conditioning and Rehabilitative Programs
- Behavioral Medicine Components, including relaxation training, stress management and pain reduction training
- Psychological interventions for depression and anxiety and pain-coping responses
- Medication Management
- Spinal Injection
- Vertebroplasty / Kyphoplasty
- Diagnostic Discography
- Percutaneous Discectomy
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Surgical Decompression and Discectomy
- Spinal Fusion and Instrumentation
- Medtronic Mazor X™ robotic guidance platform for minimally invasive surgery
- Medtronic O-armTM provides enhanced 3D visibility and surgical feedback