We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community we serve. Fostering a diverse workforce benefits both employees and patients by offering an inclusive place to provide and receive care. Men and women from different backgrounds serve in a number of roles in our organization. While we may come from different experiences, we all share the same goal of providing high-quality patient care.
Providing Culturally Competent Care
Our employees receive annual training designed to support and encourage an inclusive environment for health care delivery and customer service. Additional resources are available to assist with the delivery of healthcare, such as translation and technology services and responding to cultural issues for patients and families of different backgrounds.
Recruiting and Retaining Diverse Talent
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to recruiting talented employees with valuable expertise from different races, religions, genders, sexual orientations and other protected classes. We participate in local career fairs and business expos, work with recruiting sources to actively seek diverse applicants, and partner with colleges and schools with significant minority enrollment to identify highly qualified applicants.
Pricing Transparency Policy
Our goal is to provide patients with high-quality care and the best possible hospital experience, from registration through discharge. We know that understanding billing, insurance and medical records may seem overwhelming at times. To make this process more transparent and help patients understand their personal out-of-pocket responsibility, the hospital will make available price quotes in advance of services being provided and in compliance with federal law.*
Our financial counselors welcome questions and are available to provide assistance. To obtain a price quote, please contact the Patient Financial Services department at the hospital, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. So that estimates are as accurate as possible, please provide:
- A detailed description of the test(s)/procedure(s) being ordered by the doctor.
- Doctor’s name and office phone number.
- Insurance information (if any), including insurance company name and phone number, policy holder name, policy number and group number located on the insurance card.
The hospital estimate will provide the patient/consumer with the following:
- The estimated financial responsibility for the procedure/services based on the average charge for the procedure/services.
- Patients with health insurance will be quoted an estimated amount that will be due to the hospital based on the deductible, co-pay or co-insurance amounts established by their health insurance plan.
- Patients who do not have health insurance will be quoted an estimated amount that will be due to the hospital that will include an uninsured discount to the estimate. Counselors are also available to discuss with patients their eligibility for certain programs like Medicaid.
Estimates will not include any services related to complications that may occur during the procedure/service. Also, charges for physician fees such as a surgeon, pathologist, anesthesiologist or radiologist will not be included. These charges will be billed separately by the specific provider. Due to these factors, estimates are not exact and cannot be interpreted as a bill or exact cost for services. Instead, this service is offered to help simplify the financial aspect of hospital visits so patients are able to focus on their health care.
Below are a few of the service providers you may receive a separate bill from:
Interventional & Vascular Center
415 S. Wickham Road
Melbourne, FL 32904
Central Brevard Anesthesia
110 Longwood Avenue
Rockledge, FL 32955
321-636-2211, ext. 2616
Schumacher Clinical Partners
200 Corporate Blvd.
Lafayette, LA 70508
*Affordable Care Act, Section 2718(e) of the Public Service Act