Our imaging and radiology services teams provide exceptional care and work with doctors, nurses, and other clinicians to deliver the comprehensive care that we are known for. Our digital imaging technology allows doctors to access test results immediately, so treatment can begin more quickly.
We offer a full spectrum of advanced imaging services delivered by caring, knowledgeable technologists. We offer leading-edge technology to provide the latest in diagnostic and therapeutic techniques, including:
- Biopsy: Used to determine whether a growth is cancerous, a biopsy (tissue sample) is extracted for further testing.
- Bone Densitometry (Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry): Measures the strength of your bones to determine whether you are at risk for developing osteoporosis or osteopenia (decreased bone mass) – osteopenia often develops into osteoporosis.
- Breast Imaging: Digital mammography, breast MRI, breast ultrasound and stereotactic biopsies are used to detect breast cancer at the earliest stages when treatment can be most effective.
- CT: Combines X-ray and computer technology to show highly detailed, 3-D images of any part of the body, including bones, muscles, fat, organs and blood vessels. Scans can also be performed using a contrast solution (either swallowed or injected) to make tissues and vessels more visible.
- Fluoroscopy: Uses X-rays to provide real-time images of various body systems, including skeletal, digestive, urinary or reproductive, as well as organs such as the heart, lungs and kidneys.
- Interventional Radiology: Uses X-ray, MRI, CT and ultrasound to guide small wires or catheters (thin, flexible tube) with specialized instruments to treat affected areas of the body. Requires a tiny incision where the catheter is inserted into an artery, so it results in less blood loss, less pain and a quicker recovery for patients.
- Leading-edge CT technology: The GE Healthcare 64-slice LightSpeed™ VCT scanner can capture images of a beating heart in five heartbeats, an organ in one second, and perform a whole body scan in 10 seconds. This technology results in less radiation exposure for patients, and can be used to examine a wider range of conditions – everything from exams of the heart, spine, lungs and colon, to advanced techniques such as angiography and radiation therapy planning. We offer innovative diagnostic procedures using the 64-slice LightSpeed VCT, including 5-Beat Cardiac™, Triple RuleOut™ and Stroke WorkUp.
- Nuclear Medicine: Uses very small amounts of radioactive materials (given either orally or intravenously) to examine an organ’s structure and metabolic function - scan organs for abnormalities, evaluate the spread of cancer, locate infection or identify blood clots in the lungs.
- Selective Internal Radiation Therapy (SIRT): A special type of radiotherapy that targets live tumors with a high dose of radiation inside the body. SIR-Spheres Y-90 resin microspheres aew a form of SIRT where millions of tiny radioavtive resin 'beads' called microspheres are injected through a catheter into the hepatic artery that feeds liver tumors with the oxygen-enriched blood they need to grow.
For More Information on SIR-Spheres Y-90
- Ultrasound: Uses reflected sound waves to create real-time images of soft tissues, including muscles, blood vessels and organs. Because sound waves are used, there is no radiation exposure during this procedure.
- X-ray: Use invisible electromagnetic energy beams to produce images of internal tissues, bones and organs on film or digital media.
Our highly trained imaging technologists are certified with advanced registries and focused on both patient safety and comfort.