This comprehensive neurological care includes robust diagnostic tools and capabilities, advanced treatment and management protocols, and the latest rehabilitation and recovery services.
- Brain Care: From concussions to brain cancer, our neurologic specialists care for a wide range of conditions that affect the brain. Our care ranges from prevention to acute intervention and long-term management for conditions. Our comprehensive care includes a full range of recovery services, from rehabilitation programs to brain injury support groups.
- Epilepsy Care: Anti-seizure medications are the most common treatment approach and can help control the frequency and severity of epileptic seizures. When medical management is insufficient, doctors may suggest a surgical approach such as regulating the electrical activity of the brain through a small pacemaker device called a vagus nerve stimulator (VNS) or removing the area of the brain that is the source of the seizures.
- Headache Care: Our care is focused on finding the source of headache pain and developing a long-term solution to alleviate pain. Doctors perform a thorough evaluation that includes a physical examination and diagnostic tests, such as blood tests, or MRI or CT scans, to determine the cause of headache pain. We provide diagnosis and treatment for chronic headaches, migraines, and cluster and tension headaches.
- Multiple Sclerosis Care: Although there is no cure for multiple sclerosis, there are strategies to help change the course of the disease, treat flare-ups, manage symptoms and improve mobility such as medications, assistive devices, rehabilitation therapies and clinical trials.
- Nerve Care: Nerve disorders can be caused by conditions such as tumors, illnesses, diseases or injuries, or exposure to cold, radiation or toxins. Neurologists, neuromuscular medicine specialists and other specialized clinicians utilize a variety of treatments to manage nerve conditions.
- Parkinson's Care: Treatment plans often draw from a variety of therapies, including medications, injections of Botulinum toxin (Botox), evidence-based complementary therapies, such as acupuncture, biofeedback, exercise and relaxation techniques, and surgical options.
- Stroke Care: Our Certified Primary Stroke Center team delivers life-saving care through speed, expertise and technology for ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes, and can perform the latest, minimally invasive treatment options such as angioplasty, embolizing agents (clotting medications), thrombolitic therapy, and minimally invasive surgery can be used to remove a clot, or repair arteries and veins.
Rehabilitation and Recovery
Recovering from brain injury or a neurological condition is often complex and extensive. Whether it’s helping you or a loved one resume regular activities after an injury, or providing strategies to manage a degenerative disease, our rehabilitation professionals are focused on helping you meet your goals.
A dedicated team of rehabilitation specialists, including physical and occupational therapists, cognitive therapists, speech therapists, and other dedicated professionals are committed to helping you or someone you care for regain the highest level of functioning possible.
Living with a neurological condition, or offers resources to assist neurology patients and caretakers, including:
- Support groups: Gaining support from others who are affected by neurological conditions can make a difficult process a little bit easier, so Wuesthoff Health System offers support groups for both patients and caregivers.
- Home health services: Our home care professionals include nurses, health care aides, educators, and a variety of therapists who deliver quality home care.